Takes action on Preeclampsia!
We envision a world where preeclampsia no longer threatens the lives of mothers and babies
What is preeclampsia?
Preeclampsia is a pregnancy complication characterized by high blood pressure and signs of damage to another organ system, most often the liver and kidneys. Preeclampsia usually begins after 20 weeks of pregnancy in women whose blood pressure had been normal.
Left untreated, preeclampsia can lead to serious — even fatal — complications for both the mother and the baby. If you have preeclampsia, the most effective treatment is delivery of your baby.
If a woman is diagnosed with preeclampsia too early in her pregnancy to deliver the baby, she and her doctor face a challenging task. The baby needs more time to mature, but the mother need to avoid putting herself or the baby at risk of serious complications. Both have to be monitored continiously.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS, CALL FOR ABSTRACTS!
Accepting abstracts for all types of research (basic, clinical & qualitative) with a focus on HDP from Ghana, Africa, and beyond for an Oral or Poster presentation.
Early Bird Symposium Registration link:
Abstract Submission Link:
Deadline for submission: 3rd April, 2023
Submit Now , Tell a Friend, Share the Link!
#maternalhealth #preeclampsiaawareness #newbornhealth
Facts & figures
Create a movement all over the country:
- APECGH connects the world of women: partners, science, professional maternal healthcare & government (GHS, MOH).
- APECGH empowers and educates women about risks, symptoms of high blood pressure risks & preeclampsia.
- APECGH connects with Regional Coordinators. If we really want to make impact we have to reach every Ghanaian woman. Our cooperation with regional coordinators makes sure that our activities roll out all over the country. Besides that, the regional coordinators know the local and regional situation. They know the wants and needs of the woman there.
- APECGH connects with municipal and governmental organisations like GHS, MOH.
- APECGH connects with the scientific world on an international level.
Share your story!
Are you a SURVIVOR of Preeclampsia, Eclampsia or HELPP Syndrome?
Have YOU or any of YOUR FAMILY members suffered Preeclampsia?
Are you willing to use YOUR STORY to inspire, help and save other women?
Join our APECGH Patient community & share your written or video stories
Wish to contribute?
- Buy in our shop
- Donate money
- Donate time, passion and creativity & join our voluntary backoffice, we always have jobs available.
- Share your story